Friday, February 3, 2012

Rain of Blessings

My hair had grown long. Too long! I was at the point I dreaded having to deal with it. Instead, I would excuse myself with the line, "I'm busy" and pull the thick wavy boring brown tresses up into a messy bun, choosing to only put effort into 'styling' my bangs. The color is darker than I prefer and the gray wire-like strands are far to too obvious. Good grief! Signs of aging. Not always likable new additions to my reflection, but I do embrace the fact I am aging. The mess of hair, however, I did not.

I warned my husband about needing a haircut. The warning was more like a heads up of needing him to babysit our two young Go-Gos. Yet it hit me four days was going to be too long to wait. Kids or no kids, I was going to get my haircut ASAP! Thankfully, my desperation was heard. My generously kind hairstylist wedged in an appointment for me and welcomed the kiddos to salon.

Mama bag stocked with snacks, drinks, toys and "Please Hang on a Moment More" suckers, I entered the salon ready to have a quick fix and major pick me up. We quickly decided on highlight color, tackled mission, rinsed, washed and cut massive mess into stylish shorter and lighter do. It took just over an hour, but I only realized this once back into the car and driving home for lunch. During the reforming hour, I was locked into a relaxed salon, enjoyed chit chatting with fellow female and watching my two children behaving pleasantly. Blessings rained down upon me fully in that hour and the quick fix mighty successful!

How many hours, days, go without noting the rain of blessings? I'll honestly admit there are hours I do let slip without seeing the blessings filling it. Thank goodness I can remedy the slip with a prayer. For me, praying always brings forth awareness of how much more there could be, both in troubles or goodness. I always think of where I have been and all there is still before me.

My journey, like so many, has definitely been filled with twist, turns, valleys, hilltops and roadblocks. In the midst of some, tears flowed painfully. In others, enjoyment bubbled motivatingly. Others were just moving along in neutral. In each, there knowing or unknowingly was blessings raining down upon me.

Tonight, I go to sleep happy, thinking of the blessings raining down upon me. Including the one of new hair do!

3 comments:

  1. Metaphoracly when rain drops fall on my head, you remind me to not dwell on their cold dampness but the warmth of so many blessings I have received. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled with your words of cold dampness. Yes. Rain indeed is just like your description. I have my days when it seems to be only that. Thankfully we two kindred spirits can see just how the many drops of rain can coat us in wetness, blessings are coating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, K, thanks for being my first commenter!!

    ReplyDelete