Thursday, January 26, 2012

Courage



I am familiar with courage to mean an ability to overcome fear or difficulty. Yet, long ago, its earliest definition stemmed from the Latin word, 'cor' or heart and meant, "To tell the story of who you are with your whole heart."


Recently discovering this bit of word history fascinated me and encouraged me to do what I have always wanted to do....write. Not just letters, in journals or emails, but a story for all to read. A story of my heart and what it has taught me.

Although many of my fans (phenomenally supportive family and friends) have expressed faith in my ability to share thoughts and moments in written manner, I am formally declaring to be a novice. Indeed you will quickly see just what a novice I am at writing, but hopefully over time will develop into 'experienced writer' and perhaps maybe one day, 'accomplished author'.

For now, I aim to be courageous. I aim to overcome my fear of writing for public viewing and share the story within me. To tell my story With My wHole Heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment